domingo, 22 de febrero de 2004

" Don't be so hard on yourself"...

We had class yesterday... and I always enjoy the time teaching my students. They still have that beginners mind and are so open for learning. I see in their faces gestures of aproval and disaproval towards themselves. And sometimes I feel some of them are too hard with the outcome of their effort. " Relax....!" , I say to them. " Don' t be so harsh with your bodies". In this process of learning is natural to make mistakes. We should not judge ourselves as " good" or " bad" be-cause of it. It is expected to make a multiple kind of errors while learning whatever discipline we dedicate out time to. What is important is to keep trying, repeating it, evaluating ourselves without judgement. And just do whatever is necessary to improve in what we detected is not working. Aikido is about harmonizing with the Universe....but it starts
with ourselves.

Sensei Myriam